VersionThe current version is Histogram Viewer 2.0.2 (21. June 2010).
DescriptionThe Histogram Viewer generates the histogram of a selected image. When the user right clicks on an image, the option "Show Histogram of Image" is shown in the context menu. If the user selects this option a new window is opened which shows the histogram of the image.
By default the histogram is generated based on the sum of all 3 RGB color channels. Additionally the histogram for each of the 3 color channels can be shown. Some statistics about the histogram are also shown.
- Grayscale histogram
- Option to select the way the grayscale histogram is calculated
- all color channels have the same weight
- the color channels are weighted according to the human perception (gray = 0.299*red + 0.587*green + 0.114*blue)
- shows histograms for each color channel
- shows statistics about the histogram: min, max, mean, median
- optional hiding of the statistics
- optional support for multiple histogram windows besides each other
- shows the individual value and its number of occurrences, when the user moves the mouse over the histogram
DownloadThe addon can be downloaded via addons.mozilla.org.
Version 1.04. September 2008
- initial version
- show histogram of an image after right clicking on that image and selection the "Show Histogram" option
Version 1.112. November 2008
- compatible with Firefox 3.5(please note that it does not work with early beta versions of 3.1/3.5)
- bug fix for slow loading images
- histogram window refreshes when new histogram is generated and old window is still open
- coordinates of window are stored during the session and new histogram windows are placed at the same position
Version 1.211. December 2009
- Mac OS X Bug fixed
- Support for background images
- Code CleanUp
Version 2.030. April 2010
- Histogram for individual color channels
- Shows current value when hovering with the mouse over the histogram
- Preferences window
- optional switching of gray calculation
- optional support for multiple histogram windows
- German localization
- Code refactoring
Version 2.0.15. May 2010
- Min and Max Values in the GUI were mixed. Fixed that. Thanks Alex for pointing that out.
Version 2.0.221. June 2010
- Rounding error in gray calculation fixed. Thanks Jacob for pointing that out.
ideas for future versions
- show histograms of all color channels in one histogram